You know there are things that baby boomers say sometimes that make them sound like old fogies (Whatever a fogey is. It’s from the French word fougeux and is similar to but unrelated to old codger). It turns out that millennials have many of the same complaints. Someone on redditor asked the Millennial community to share their fogie/old adult opinions, and the following is a brief sampling of what was received. You’ll feel better about your favorite millennial after seeing what they had to say. “No, you cannot listen to music/videos/calls/whatever in public without headphones.” “I was sitting in the waiting room at the doctor’s office and a woman (likely another millennial) was FaceTiming without headphones!!” “New car headlights are too damn bright!” ”It’s like everyone has their high beams on all the time. Add to that the fact that every car is a dang SUV, so they’re all shining RIGHT IN YOUR EYEBALLS.” “Not everything needs to be recorded/photographed and posted online, whether it’s for good, like taking excessive vacation pictures, or for bad, like recording arguments between strangers.” “Please give me a real menu. I really hate having to try to scroll through a whole menu on my tiny ass phone… If you’re going to have a QR code for a menu, at least make sure it’s mobile-friendly.” “Manners go a long way. Having and using manners makes you feel good. It is about respecting other human beings and showing them that you do. It feels good to be polite, respectful, and generous. Manners are not disingenuous. They help others feel welcome, comfortable, appreciated, and at ease.” “Stop speeding in neighborhoods! Also, stop blatantly running red lights. We all got places to be… stop trying to kill everyone else to get there.” “I am not instantly available at any waking moment just because it is technically possible for me to see your message immediately on my electronic device.” “If I say something to you, I’d like an acknowledgment that you heard me.” “The way that Gen Z makes hearts with their hands makes me deeply unsettled.” “I get so angry when I see people using their phone in their hand while driving and not paying attention to the road. Get a phone mount.”
Jay Harrison is a writer and creative consultant for DesignConcept. His newest mystery novel, Rio Puerco Demise is available on Amazon. His first mystery novel, Head Above Water, is also available on Amazon. But that’s not all. You can also purchase the Best of BoomSpeak on Amazon.


No comments:
Post a Comment